Fotini is a faculty member at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics. With a doctorate from Imperial College in the UK and a post-doc at Penn State, her research interests include quantum gravity, cosmology, quantum information theory, foundational mathematics and quantum mechanics. In her paper "The Internal Description of a Causal Set: What the Universe Looks Like from the Inside", she proposed an innovative yet simple quantum model of spacetime based on abstract mathematical concepts.
- Paths to Quantum Gravity (Fotini Markopoulou)
- Is Time Real? (Fotini Markopoulou)
- Why is Quantum Gravity so Significant? (Fotini Markopoulou)
- How does Beauty Color the Universe? (Fotini Markopoulou)
- Why is the Universe so Breathtaking? (Fotini Markopoulou)
- What is a Theory of Everything? (Fotini Markopoulou)
- What is Space-time? (Fotini Markopoulou)
Can Religion Be Explained Without God?
Most people believe that God exists and religion is God’™s revelation. But some claim that religion needs nothing supernatural; that religion, without God, can flourish because personal psychology and group sociology drive religion.
Current TV Episodes - Summaries.
The 39 episodes in the current TV season: 13 episodes each for Cosmos, Consciousness, God.
Closer To Truth overview. Go behind the scenes and meet the CTT team. View photos from around the globe and more.
Additional material and resources on Closer To Truth topics.
Visit SciTech Daily: the best intelligent, informed science & technology coverage and analysis daily.