James is Professor and Chair of the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. A scholar in New Testament and Early Christian Literature. His research interests have focused on the historical Jesus, Christian origins and ancient Judaism. He is the author of The Jesus Dynasty: A New Historical Investigation of Jesus, His Royal Family, and the Birth of Christianity. It presents to general audiences the results of his work on the historical Jesus over the course of his career. In his first book, Things Unutterable, James focused on Paul’s vision of Paradise, the ultimate reward in God’s grand plan according to the Christian tradition.
- Does God Know the Future? (James Tabor)
- How is God the Creator? (James Tabor)
- What would a Judgment be Like? (James Tabor)
- Is This the End Time? (James Tabor)
- Do Angels and Demons Exist? (James Tabor)
- Arguing God from Miracles & Revelations? (James Tabor)
- Does God Intervene in the World? (James Tabor)
- Authentication and Conflict in Religious Belief? (James Tabor)
- A New Heaven & A New Earth? (James Tabor)
- Imagining Immortality and Eternal Life (James Tabor)
- What is Immortality? (James Tabor)
- What is an Afterlife? (James Tabor)
Can Religion Be Explained Without God?
Most people believe that God exists and religion is God’™s revelation. But some claim that religion needs nothing supernatural; that religion, without God, can flourish because personal psychology and group sociology drive religion.
Current TV Episodes - Summaries.
The 39 episodes in the current TV season: 13 episodes each for Cosmos, Consciousness, God.
Closer To Truth overview. Go behind the scenes and meet the CTT team. View photos from around the globe and more.
Additional material and resources on Closer To Truth topics.
Visit SciTech Daily: the best intelligent, informed science & technology coverage and analysis daily.