Juan is a faculty member at the Institute for Advanced Studies in Princeton. Born in Argentina, his work focuses on quantum gravity, string theory and quantum field theory. He is well known for proposing a relationship between quantum gravity and quantum field theories, which elucidates various aspects of both theories and thus suggests a direction for finding physic’s Holy Grail, a way to meld together two theories previously thought to be incompatible: quantum mechanics, which deals with the universe at its smallest scales; and Einstein's general theory of relativity, which deals with its very largest. Juan is the winner of numerous prizes.
- How do You Make a Cosmos? (Juan Maldacena)
- What is Space-time? (Juan Maldacena)
- Does Information Create the Cosmos? (Juan Maldacena)
- What's Fundamental in the Cosmos? (Juan Maldacena)
- Are there Extra Dimensions? (Juan Maldacena)
- Why Black Holes are Astonishing? (Juan Maldacena)
- Why is the Quantum So Mysterious? (Juan Maldacena)
- Why is Quantum Gravity Key? (Juan Maldacena)
Can Religion Be Explained Without God?
Most people believe that God exists and religion is God’™s revelation. But some claim that religion needs nothing supernatural; that religion, without God, can flourish because personal psychology and group sociology drive religion.
Current TV Episodes - Summaries.
The 39 episodes in the current TV season: 13 episodes each for Cosmos, Consciousness, God.
Closer To Truth overview. Go behind the scenes and meet the CTT team. View photos from around the globe and more.
Additional material and resources on Closer To Truth topics.
Visit SciTech Daily: the best intelligent, informed science & technology coverage and analysis daily.