Park, Robert L.
Bob is Professor of Physics and former Chair of the Department of Physics at the University of Maryland, and former Executive Director of the American Physical Society. The author of more than a hundred technical papers on the structure and properties of single-crystal surfaces, he helps the public distinguish genuine science from foolish and fraudulent claims. He posts a provocative weekly column on the internet (“What’s New?”) and is the author of Voodoo Science: the Road from Foolishness to Fraud. He is noted for his acerbic critique of what he labels pseudoscience, such as alternative medicine and parapsychology. He is also an outspoken critic of manned spaceflight.
- Arguing God from Miracles & Revelations? (Part 2 of 2) (Robert Park)
- Arguing God from Miracles & Revelations? (Part 1 or 2) (Robert Park)
- Is there an Afterlife? (Robert Park)
- Why aren't Aliens Already Here? (Part 2 of 2) (Robert Park)
- Does ESP Reveal Spirit Existence? (Robert Park)
- Fallacies in Proving God Exists? (Robert Park)
- Arguments Contra God? (Robert Park)
- Why aren't Aliens Already Here? (Part 1 of 2) (Robert Park)
Can Religion Be Explained Without God?
Most people believe that God exists and religion is God’™s revelation. But some claim that religion needs nothing supernatural; that religion, without God, can flourish because personal psychology and group sociology drive religion.
Current TV Episodes - Summaries.
The 39 episodes in the current TV season: 13 episodes each for Cosmos, Consciousness, God.
Closer To Truth overview. Go behind the scenes and meet the CTT team. View photos from around the globe and more.
Additional material and resources on Closer To Truth topics.
Visit SciTech Daily: the best intelligent, informed science & technology coverage and analysis daily.